Monday 28 June 2010

Holidays a coming!

Today marks the last three days before we finally take our summer break.   As always there never seems to be enough time to do all the things that should be done before we go.   Still this morning I was writing my list of things to do and people to see in the last 72 hours.   My good plans for this evening were scuppered when it was discovered that one of the adults in our house would need to be at the Cub AGM and barbecue this evening.   So a parent has gone, and instead I have had to write notes to those I had hoped to see.   I'm sure I will find time to post them tomorrow.

Tomorrow will go with a swing as I attempt to meet a lady who has joined the congregation and yet I've never worked out who she was; send out some e-mails to some people about coming to speak; head into the office to tidy up before going; and spend an evening at Presbytery.

While I've now discovered that my husband is supposed to be at a concert on Wednesday, when I have an evening communion to be doing.   There have been some frantic phonecalls to arrange a short term babysitter.

And in amongst the working things I still want to leave the house clean and tidy; make sure the children get to the last week of all their activities; phone the people who own the house we are going to; pack; think about packed lunch for the journey.

No doubt as we leave in the early morning at the close of the week, I will have come to the conclusion that some things are not worth worrying about.

No comments:

Post a Comment